Gasworks Arts Park is a leading cultural precinct in the City of Port Phillip. You can immerse yourself in art and history on the Gasworks Arts Tour, stroll through the galleries and look at the beautiful visual art on the walls or buy a stunning piece of handcrafted jewellery from the Watchman’s Cabin. Alternatively, sip a coffee at the Gasworks Café, catch a quality performance in one of our theatres, or walk your dog through the park and enjoy a self guided tour of the parks’ rare public art sculptures. Whichever option you choose, make sure to pick up a copy of our latest events guide and plan your next visit! We look forward to seeing you in the park soon.
If you are driving to Gasworks Arts Park, our address is 21 Graham Street, Albert Park (corner of Graham and Pickles Streets, Melway ref: 57, D4). There is plenty of free, unrestricted street parking surrounding the park.
No. 1 tram from Swanston Street (to South Melbourne Beach).
- Disembark at Stop 31 (Tramtracker ID 1241) and walk down Graham St.
- Alternatively, if you reach the beach, walk along the beach front towards the right (if you facing the ocean), then turn right up Pickles Street.
No. 109 tram from Collins St (to Port Melbourne).
- Disembark at Stop 128 and walk down Graham St. (This route has disabled access. Please call 1800 800 007 for more information)
There is a Melbourne Bike Share station located on Pickles Street, near the Graham Street entrance to Gasworks Arts Park.
Catch bus routes 234 or 236. For all public transport timetable and service information please see Metlink Journey Planner ptv.vic.gov.au or call 131 638.
- All Gasworks venues are wheelchair accessible, and there is an accessible bathroom close to the Gasworks Main Theatre.
- Guide dogs are welcome at Gasworks.
- The Gasworks Theatre is equipped with an Assistive Listening System – simply pick up a Hearing Loop or Earpiece from the box office.
- Gasworks also offers a second ticket at no cost to people who possess a Companion Card. If you need to book a ticket for your companion or carer, please contact us on 8606 4200.
- If you have any special access requirements, please let us know so that we can help make your experience as enjoyable and hassle free as possible.
- Please check the City of Port Phillip's accessibility map for locations of amenities in the nearby area. Our address is 21 Graham St Albert Park.
- If you have selected “print at home” tickets, you can either print your tickets, or have them on your mobile phone for us to scan when you enter the theatre. You can also pick up your tickets from the Box Office prior to the show. Double check your booking confirmation and it will say whether you’re picking up your ticket at the box office, or printing it at home yourself. There is also allocated seating – your seat number will be printed on your ticket.
- The Box Office and Gasworks Foyer Bar open approximately 45 minutes before the show, so you can meet your friends for a pre-show drink. We serve delicious Brown Brothers wine, assorted beers, cider, soft drinks and snacks. .
- There are also visual arts exhibitions which are usually open during show times.
- If you are late and the show has already started, you will have to wait in the Gasworks Foyer for an appropriate time to enter.
- There is no smoking allowed in the Gasworks Foyer, Gasworks Theatre or anywhere within 10 metres of any entrance to the facility.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or placed on silent (not vibrate as they can still be heard) during the performances, and please do not check your phone during the show. The light from a mobile phone can be seen from stage, and is extremely distracting for performers and fellow audience members.
- Please be aware that photography, filmography or recording of any kind is prohibited during performances. You are very welcome to take photos of you and your friends before or after performances.
- There are EFTPOS facilities available at the bar and box office for purchases (minimum $5), but unfortunately we have no cash out or ATM facilities at this time.